Thursday, June 23, 2011

Gracious Garments

"Thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness, to the end that my glory may sing praise to Thee and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto Thee forever" (Psalm 30:11,12). And it came to pass... that [the] king of Babylon... lifted up the head of Jehoiachin king of Judah, and brought him forth out of prison, and spake kindly unto him... and changed his prison garments: and he did continually eat bread before him all the days of his life" (Jeremiah 52:31-33).

Out of my prison of darkness I came,
Into the presence of Jesus my King,
Girded with gladness to praise His dear name,
Nevermore silent, His praises I sing!

Out of the tomb of the hopelessly dead,
Into the joy of my Lord's resurrection,
Supping with Jesus my King, I break bread,
Clothed by His grace with a sinless perfection!

Out of the prisoner's garments I wore,
Into the garments of praise my Lord gave,
Displaying His mercy and truth evermore,
I am a pattern of those He will save!

Out of my shame now, my head You have lifted;
Speaking so kindly, my Savior and Lord!
Great are Your mercies so graciously gifted,
Freely bestowed by Your Spirit outpoured!

No comments: