Sunday, May 22, 2011

Words Within

"Train up a child in the way he should go.... Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge, that I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth, that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?" (Proverbs 22:6,20,21). "Then I said, I will not make mention of Him, nor speak any more in His name. But His Word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay" (Jeremiah 20:9).

The words of God are like a fire
That burns within our bones,
That fills us with our Lord's desire
To heal the heart that groans.

Has He not written certainly
That we might know the truth,
That we might answer faithfully
And also train our youth?

Yes, even when there is frustration,
The fire does not cease.
We hold the words of God's salvation:
How can we hold our peace?

O Lord, we give You thanks today
For words that You provide
Which burn with truth that cannot stay
In speechlessness inside.

No comments: