Monday, May 16, 2011

Christ Cared

"When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then Thou knewest my path.... but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul. I cried unto Thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my refuge" (Psalm 142:3-5). "When He [Jesus] saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd" (Matthew 9:35,36).

There was a season in my life
When I had great distress,
So overwhelmed with inner strife
Submerged in hopelessness.

It did not help to turn to friends,
For no man seemed to care
About the truth when this life ends;
They left me in despair.

I turned to Jesus Christ at last
(There was no other choice!)
With all my hope upon Him cast
And lifted up my voice.

I thank You, Lord, that You were moved
With love that was so true
That You would wait until I proved
That no one cared like You!

No comments: