Friday, May 27, 2011

He Hears

"Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah. But Thou, O Lord, art a shield for me, my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and He heard me out of His holy hill" (Psalm 3:2-4). "Two blind men... cried out saying, Have mercy on us, O Lord, Thou Son of David. And the multitude rebuked them, because they should hold their peace: but they cried the more.... So Jesus had compassion on them, and touched their eyes: and immediately their eyes received sight, and they followed Him" (Matthew 20:30-34).

How many there are who will wrongly suppose
That there is no help in our God from above.
But God nonetheless is attentive to those
Who hope in His mercy and trust in His love.

"He heard me!" the psalmist so joyfully said;
In spite of the contrary voices, God heard!
He shielded David and lifted his head,
And thus He will do for those trusting His Word.

The blind called to Jesus with all of their might;
Though others rebuked them, they cried all the more.
The Lord heard their voices and gave them their sight;
He hears our petitions above the crowd's roar.

O Lord, we rejoice in the privilege of prayer;
You know our desires; You dry every tear.
And so upon You we will cast every care,
Assured by Your promise that You always hear.

No comments: