Saturday, May 14, 2011

Weary Warriors

"O GOD the Lord, the strength of my salvation, Thou hast covered my head in the day of battle" (Psalm 140:7). "If thou hast run with footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses? And if in the land of peace, wherein thou trustedst, they wearied thee, then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan?" (Jeremiah 12:5).

O God, my Lord, You are my Strength
When battle lines are drawn.
My course is set; I'll run its length,
Renewed as morning's dawn.

Though weary of the battle fought,
And fainting in the race,
I know I'll find the strength I've sought
In Your unfailing grace.

O Lord, through You we rise again
To fight the darkest forces,
And gain the strength to outrun men
And overtake their horses.

We come to You in weariness,
O God of our salvation,
And find, from strength to strength, You bless
With daily restoration.

No comments: