Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Hungry Hearts

"Cause me to hear Thy lovingkindness in the morning, for in Thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk, for I lift up my soul unto Thee" (Psalm 143:8). "Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and Thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by Thy name, O LORD God of hosts" (Jeremiah 15:16).

There is a hunger in the heart
Of those who know the Savior
To hear the words He will impart
With truth and loving favor.

We listen to our Savior talk
With words of lovingkindness.
It is by faith in Him we walk,
Though we once walked in blindness.

We listen with an appetite;
His words are like a feast,
And thus we find with every bite
Our joy is still increased.

O cause us, Lord, to hear You still
With hunger everyday
That we may thereby know Your will
And joyfully obey!

No comments: