Monday, April 26, 2010

Waste not the Word

"I have rejoiced in the way of Thy testimonies as much as in all riches. I will meditate in Thy precepts, and have respect unto Thy ways. I will delight myself in Thy statutes. I will not forget Thy word" (Psalm 119:14-16).

The Word of God is such a treasure
That may be used or sadly wasted.
We use it when we do God's pleasure;
We waste it when it's merely tasted.

Therefore let us meditate
Upon His precepts day and night
To know if we should act or wait;
His word is to our path a light.

Therefore let us have respect
To all God's counsel and His ways.
The word that scorners will reject,
The wise in heart at once obeys.

Therefore let us now delight
In every statute that He gives.
The counsel of the Lord is right,
And by His word His servant lives.

Therefore let us not forget,
But hide His word within our heart,
That we may live without regret
And from our sinfulness depart.

No comments: