Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Liars v. The Lord

"I said in my haste, All men are liars" (Psalm 116:12). "That Thy trust may be in the Lord, I have made know to thee this day, even to thee. Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge, that I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth, that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?" (Proverbs 22:19). "Let God be true, but every man a liar" (Romans 3:4).

I said rather hastily that all men are liars;
And after a long time, I still think it's true!
I found all the evidence that my faith requires,
Yet not in mere men, Lord, but wholly in You!

Though liars abound among men that we've heard,
And even our own hearts are filled with deceit,
Our Lord is still true, as we see in His Word
Each promise fulfilled that He said He'd complete.

Though all men be liars, the Lord surely proved
That God cannot lie or deny who He is,
And this is the anchor that cannot be moved
Embedded in certainty; not ours, but His!

No comments: