Sunday, April 18, 2010

Friend and Father

"Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom. A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself.... There is a Friend that sticketh closer than a brother" (Proverbs 18:1,2,24). "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find.... how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask Him?" (Matthew 7:7,11).

I could have died, as does a fool,
Without delight in understanding,
Content to let my own heart rule,
So blindly led by its commanding.

Fearful days! I was so weak,
And hopelessness had filled my heart!
But God then prompted me to seek
The truth in Him He would impart!

What a Gift I found in Christ:
A better Friend than any other!
For me this Friend was sacrificed
And holds me closer than a brother!

I did not find religion then,
But a relationship with favor.
For God became my Father when
I thus received my Lord and Savior.

I never thought my search would end
In granting me a new relation
With God as Father and my Friend,
The Author of so great salvation!

Thank You, Lord, for prompting me
To turn to You and seek Your face
To find the truth that made me free
And saved me by Your wondrous grace.

No comments: