Thursday, December 03, 2009

Grace God Gives

"And the Lord looked upon him [Gideon], and said, Go in this thy might, and thou shalt save Israel from the hand of the Midianites: have not I sent thee?" (Judges 6:14). "He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him" (Psalm 126:6). "He giveth grace to the lowly" (Proverbs 3:34). "But by the grace of God I am what I am: and His grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain" (1 Corinthians 15:10).

When God commands, He will bestow
The grace that we will need,
To go where He would have us go
With strength for every deed.

The Lord said, "Go in this thy might,"
When Gideon was threshing,
And God equipped him for the fight
With His command and blessing.

The Lord commanded us as well
To go with precious seed.
He promised that the gates of hell
At last shall not succeed.

He gives His grace to humble hearts,
But He resists the proud.
Let not the grace that God imparts
By pride be disallowed!

By grace I'm what I am: that's plain,
But not what I should be.
Lord, let Your grace be not in vain
That You bestowed on me!

No comments: