Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Marking Me

"That thy trust may be in the LORD, I have made known to thee this day, even to thee. Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge, that I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth, that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?" (Proverbs 22:19-21). "The Son of God... loved me, and gave Himself for me" (Galatians 2:20).

God so loved the world that He
Spared not even His own Son,
Yet He set His love on me,
No less than any other one!

I would be careful not to miss
That Jesus set on me His love.
For when I rightly ponder this,
I set my heart on things above.

I cannot help but wonder why
The Son of God would leave His throne
With love so great that He would die
For even me to be His own.

For even me Himself He gave;
He marked me as redemption's goal!
He weighed the awful cost to save,
And paid that ransom for my soul!

Lord, I join the blood-bought ranks
Whom You have loved with me as well;
Together, Lord, we lift our thanks
For love that saved our souls from hell.

No comments: