Monday, December 21, 2009

Hopelessness to Happiness

"When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then Thou knewest my path.... I looked on my right hand and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul. I cried unto Thee, O Lord: I said, Thou art my Refuge and my Portion in the land of the living.... Happy is that people that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the Lord" (Psalm 142:3-5, 144:15).

Overwhelmed and void of hope,
I looked in vain for help from man.
At the end then of my rope,
I looked, but no one had a plan.

No one cared then for my soul;
They all seemed just as lost as me!
Joy was empty, grief was full,
As on they marched in apathy.

In hopelessness I cried to God,
And, Lord, You heard me when I cried.
You knew my path then that I trod,
You gave me then a Place to hide.

When every other refuge failed,
I found in You my Hiding Place.
I saw by faith where You were nailed
To save me by redeeming grace!

Hopelessness was cast away,
And joy unspeakable was mine!
O how happy was that day
I found in Christ my Hope Divine!

No comments: