Sunday, January 27, 2008

Reasoning and Resting

"Surely I would speak to the Almighty, and desire to reason with God.... Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him: but I will maintain my own ways before Him. He also shall be my salvation" (Job 13:3, 15,16). "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool" (Isaiah 1:18).

I would speak with the Almighty;
I would reason with the Lord,
For I know He will invite me
To find rest and be restored.

"Though He slay me I will trust."
That's what Job with patience said.
Worms and robbers, thieves and rust
Scorn what we would trust instead.

"Come now," says our God above,
To all who would desire to speak
And reason with the Lord of love,
For they will find the rest they seek.

Scarlet sins shall be snow white;
Crimson sins shall be as wool.
Reason knows that God is right,
And here I'll rest my weary soul.

No comments: