Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Grow in Grace

"I thought upon my ways, and turned my feet unto Thy testimonies. I made haste, and delayed not to keep Thy commandments" (Psalm 119:59,60). "Turn you at My reproof: behold, I will pour out My Spirit unto you, I will make known My words unto you" (Proverbs 1:23). "Beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own steadfastness. But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 3:17,18).

We do not need a New Year's Day
To make a resolution.
We ought to haste, and not delay
To turn from our confusion.

We thought upon our ways and turned
When Christ first entered in.
And surely since that day we've learned
Each day to flee from sin.

Beware, therefore, lest you should fall
From holding fast God's Word,
And thereby close your ears to all
The warnings you have heard.

But daily let us make this choice:
To grow in Jesus' grace,
To love Him more, to heed His voice,
And run a steadfast race.

No comments: