Sunday, January 20, 2008

His Help

"If it had not been the Lord who was on our side... then the waters had overwhelmed us, the stream had gone over our soul: the proud waters had gone over our soul.... Our help is in the name of the Lord, who made heaven and earth" (Psalm 124:2-6). "And the earth helped... and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth" (Revelation 12:16).

Across the seasons of my life
I surely now can see
How God delivered me from strife
And set His love on me.

The flood, the winds, and rising tide
My little shipped had tossed.
If You had not been on my side,
Oh Lord, I would be lost.

It was not mere coincidence
That things worked out for me.
The Lord Himself was my Defense,
Commanding wind and sea.

So now the things that overwhelm
Instruct me to recall
That Jesus Christ is at the helm,
And He is Lord of all.

No comments: