Saturday, January 12, 2008

Laodicean Lukewarmness

"He that hateth reproof is brutish.... The righteous is more excellent than his neighbor, but the way of the wicked seduceth them" (Proverbs 11:1,26). "And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write:.. I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would that thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of My mouth.... As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent" (Revelations 3:14-19).

Where would we be, Lord, without Your reproof?
How easily we are inclined to seduction!
Laodicean lukewarmness is proof
Of how much we need Your rebuke and instruction!

Save us, Oh Lord, from being lukewarm
In an age when that means "fitting in."
Lord, help us rather to never conform
To a world indifferent to sin.

No comments: