Monday, December 31, 2007

Song of my Sojourning

"This is my comfort in my affliction for Thy word hath quickened me.... I remembered Thy judgments of old, O Lord, and have comforted myself....Thy statutes have been my songs in the house of my pilgrimage. I have remembered Thy name, O Lord, in the night, and have kept Thy law" (Psalm 119:50-55).

I have remembered Your name in the night,
O Lord, through the course of this year.
In difficult times You have led me aright;
Your statutes have made the way clear.

I have remembered Your name in the light
Of Your majesty, mercy, and fear.
Your statutes inspire the songs that I write,
Assuring my heart You are near.

In the year that is past, in the year that will be,
In my pilgrimage all the day long,
I will remember Your goodness to me,
And comfort my heart with Your song.

No comments: