Friday, June 09, 2023

Wiser Warning

Read:  Psalm 11 / Proverbs 9 / Deuteronomy 24 / Rev. 18

 

Psalm 11:1 ~ In the LORD put I my trust: how say ye to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain?

Proverbs 9:6 ~ Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Deuteronomy 24:22 ~ Thou shalt remember that thou wast a bondman... therefore I command thee to do this thing.

Revelation 18:4 ~ Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

 

Though some would warn my soul to flee

From evil forces in array,

God's warning is to them, not me,

To flee from wrath without delay. 

 

Let souls that are by sin enslaved

Now hear our Savior’s wiser warning

To trust Him while they may be saved

And turn from fools who yet are scorning. 



No comments: