Monday, June 26, 2023

Need for Newness

Read:  Psalm 28 / Proverbs 26 / Joshua 7 / Mat. 13

 

Psalm 28:1,5 ~ O LORD my Rock; be not silent to me: lest... I become like them that go down into the pit... they regard not the works of the LORD, nor the operation of his hands.

Proverbs 26:4 ~ Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

Joshua 7:13 ~ Thou canst not stand before thine enemies, until ye take away the accursed thing from among you.

Matthew 13:15 ~ For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed.

 

I need the Lord to speak to me

With newness from His Word each day,

For otherwise I soon would be

Like those who go from Him astray. 

 

I cannot stand before my foes

If there is wickedness within.  

I'll hear the Lord who surely knows

The need to cleanse my heart from sin.  

 


No comments: