Saturday, January 21, 2023

The Serpent vs. The Seed

Read:  Psalm 119:137-144 / Proverbs 21 / Genesis 3 / Mat. 18

 

Psalm 119:141 ~ I am small and despised: yet do not I forget thy precepts.

Proverbs 21:30 ~ There is no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against the LORD.

Genesis 3:1,15 ~ Now the serpent… said… Yea, hath God said?... The LORD God said unto the serpent I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Matthew 18:11 ~ For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.  

 

Though I am small and am despised,

The Word of God shall still prevail.

His counsel is not compromised,

And every foe of His shall fail.

 

The serpent heard the prophecy:

The woman’s Seed would bruise his head.

This word fulfilled has made me free

By Christ who suffered in my stead. 

 


No comments: