Saturday, January 07, 2023

Dust and Decision

Read:  Psalm 119:25-32 / Proverbs 7 / Zechariah 7 / Mat. 4

 

Psalm 119:25-32 ~ My soul cleaveth unto the dust: quicken thou me according to thy word… I have chosen the way of truth… I will run the way of thy commandments… enlarge my heart.

Proverbs 7:2,25 ~ Keep my commandments, and live… Let not thine heart decline… go not astray.

Zechariah 7:7 ~ Should ye not hear the words which the LORD hath cried by the former prophets?

Matthew 4:19,20 ~ Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. And they straightway left their nets, and followed him.

 

My soul was cleaving to the dust,

But then I heard my Lord’s opinion.

In Him alone I put my trust,

And I have chosen His dominion.

 

Should not I hear and heed Christ’s Word

Without delay or indecision?

I will obey what I have heard

And heed the call of His commission! 

 


No comments: