Friday, January 06, 2023

Counselors of His Commands

Read:  Psalm 119:17-24 / Proverbs 6 / Zechariah 6 / Mat. 3

 

Psalm 119:24 ~ Thy testimonies also are my delight and my counselors.

Proverbs 6:20-22 ~ My son, keep thy father's commandment… When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee.

Zechariah 6:12,13 ~ Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD… He shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

Matthew 3:17 ~ And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

 

My counselors are wise indeed

Since they are found in God’s commands,

And thereby shall my Savior lead

With counsel that forever stands.

 

My future is not left to chance,

For all my days the Lord foresees,

And Jesus Christ became the Branch

To purge all my iniquities.  

 


No comments: