Saturday, December 19, 2020

Woeful Wandering

Read:  Psalm 56 / Proverbs 19 / Zechariah 5 / Mark 6

 

Psalm 56:8 Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?

Proverbs 19:23 The fear of the LORD tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied… not be visited with evil.

Zechariah 5:5 The angel that talked with me… said unto me, Lift up now thine eyes, and see what is this that goeth forth.

Mark 6:50 For they all saw him, and… immediately he talked with them, and saith… Be of good cheer: it is I; be not afraid.

 

His book records our wandering;

His bottle holds each woeful tear. 

The Lord is surely pondering

Our ways when we forsake His fear. 

 

We lift our eyes, as we are told,

To see our joyful restoration: 

It is the Lord whom we behold,

Who cheers our hearts with His salvation. 

 

 

No comments: