Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Descending and Defending

Read:  Psalm 59 / Proverbs 22 / Zechariah 8 / Mark 9

 

Psalm 59:17 Unto thee, O my strength, will I sing: for God is my defense, and the God of my mercy.

Proverbs 22:19 That thy trust may be in the LORD, I have made known to thee this day, even to thee.

Zechariah 8:9 Thus saith the LORD… Let your hands be strong, ye that hear… these words… of the prophets.

Mark 9:7 A cloud… overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

 

I’ll sing to God, my Lord of love

Who solved my hopeless situation,

Descending from His throne above,

Defending me with His salvation.

 

I trust in God who strengthens me

And tells me to behold His Son.

I lift my eyes to Christ and see

The work that saves my soul is done! 

 


No comments: