Thursday, December 17, 2020

Heavenly Helper

Read:  Psalm 54 / Proverbs 17 / Zechariah 3 / Mark 4

 

Psalm 54:4 Behold, God is mine helper: the Lord is with them that uphold my soul.

Proverbs 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Zechariah 3:4 Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.

Mark 4:41 They feared… said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?

 

The Lord is my Heavenly Friend,

My Helper upholding my soul. 

The life He was willing to spend

Has purchased my ransom in full. 

 

I’m clothed in my Lord’s righteousness

Assured that He always is near,

Befriending me in my distress

And speaking His peace in my ear. 

 


No comments: