Wednesday, December 02, 2020

Sweet Simplicity

Read:  Psalm 39 / Proverbs 2 / Micah 6 / Matthew 17

 

Psalm 39:7 Now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee.

Proverbs 2:6,20 The LORD giveth wisdom… knowledge and understanding… that thou mayest walk in the way of good men, and keep the paths of the righteous.

Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Matthew 17:8 And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only.

 

What wait I for?  What should I do?

The Lord has shown me what is good:   

I’ll walk with Him as I pursue

His daily pleasure, as I should.

 

I lift my eyes to Christ alone

And in this sweet simplicity,

The Lord is daily making known

How wisely He is leading me. 

 


No comments: