Saturday, December 05, 2020

Neglectful Nineveh

Read:  Psalm 42 / Proverbs 5 / Nahum 2 / Matthew 20

 

Psalm 42:8 The LORD will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.

Proverbs 5:7-9 Hear me now therefore, O ye children, and depart not from the words of my mouth… lest thou give thine honor unto others, and thy years unto the cruel:

Nahum 2:8 Nineveh is of old… like a pool… yet they shall flee away. Stand, stand, shall they cry; but none shall look back.

Matthew 20:28 The Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

 

The love of God and His salvation

Should be remembered day and night.

His Word should be our meditation,

Our counsel, comfort, and delight. 

 

But years are given to the cruel

When hearts forget God’s gracious favor,

Like Nineveh, that stagnant pool,

Neglectful of their nation’s Savior.  

 


No comments: