Tuesday, December 01, 2020

Beautiful in Bethlehem

Read:  Psalm 38 / Proverbs 1 / Micah 5 / Matthew 16


Psalm 38:18,22 I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin… Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation.

Proverbs 1:29,33 They hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD… But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

Micah 5:2,4,5 Thou, Bethlehem… out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting… great unto the ends of the earth… And this man shall be the peace.

Matthew 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

 

I will confess iniquity;

I will be sorry for my sin,

But who will pay the debt for me

And fight the fight I cannot win? 

 

Praise Christ, the Savior of my soul,

So beautiful in Bethlehem,

Who came to pay my debt in full

By dying in Jerusalem! 

 


No comments: