Saturday, July 25, 2020

Returning to the Reprover

Read:  Psalm 80 / Proverbs 25 / Jeremiah 24 /1 Cor. 14

 

Psalm 80:19 Turn us again, O LORD God of hosts, cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved.

Proverbs 25:12 As an earring of gold, and an ornament of fine gold, so is a wise Reprover upon an obedient ear.

Jeremiah 24:7 I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the LORD: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.

1 Corinthians 14:3,33 He that prophesieth speaketh… to edification… exhortation, and comfort… God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

 

How gracious the Reprover is

To those whom He corrects today! 

How well His voice is known to His

Returning sheep so prone to stray! 

 

How wonderful is the conclusion

When stubbornness and straying cease.

Obedience dispels confusion,

Replacing it with perfect peace. 



No comments: