Saturday, July 04, 2020

Guiding Light and Guarding Love

Read:  Psalm 59 / Proverbs 4 / Jeremiah 3 /Romans 9

 

Psalm 59:9 Because of his strength will I wait upon thee: for God is my defense.

Proverbs 4:18-19 The path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day. The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.

Jeremiah 3:4,22 Wilt thou not from this time cry unto me, My father, thou art the guide of my youth?... Behold, we come unto thee; for thou art the LORD our God.

Romans 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumbling stone and rock of offense: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

 

Because the enemy is strong

The Lord shall be my confidence. 

His guiding light leads me along;

His guarding love is my defense. 

 

The Lord has taught me from my youth

That grace is given to the humble.

The proud who will refuse His truth

Upon the Cornerstone will stumble. 



No comments: