Thursday, July 16, 2020

Grayheaded Grace

Read:  Psalm 71 / Proverbs 16 / Jeremiah 15 /1 Cor. 5

 

Psalm 71:18 Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come. 

Proverbs 16:31 The hoary head is a crown of glory, if it be found in the way of righteousness.

Jeremiah 15:16,19 Thy words were found, and I did eat them… Therefore, thus saith the LORD… if thou take forth the precious from the vile, thou shalt be as my mouth. 

1 Corinthians 5:7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us. 

 

The grayheaded grace that God gives

Equips me to speak to the youth

Regarding my Savior who lives,

Whose Word is the absolute truth. 

 

I’ll speak of the treasures I’ve found

In Biblical portraits of Christ

As God gives me grace to expound

On Jesus, the Lamb sacrificed!



No comments: