Thursday, July 23, 2020

Havoc in the Heart

Read:  Psalm 78 / Proverbs 23 / Jeremiah 22 /1 Cor. 12

 

Psalm 78:22,23,37 They believed not in God, and trusted not in his salvation: though he had… opened the doors of heaven… for their heart was not right with him.

Proverbs 23:26 My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways.

Jeremiah 22:21 I spake unto thee in thy prosperity; but thou saidst, I will not hear… This hath been thy manner from thy youth.

1 Corinthians 12:31 Yet shew I… you a more excellent way.

 

When havoc in our heart prevails,

It is because our eyes have wandered

From Christ our Lord who never fails,

Which we should carefully have pondered. 

 

O may we rather fix our eyes

On God as we explore His ways

Which are so excellent and wise,

Deserving of our highest praise!  



No comments: