Friday, June 26, 2020

Proclaim it to the Prison

Read:  Psalm 51 / Proverbs 26 / Isaiah 61 /Romans 1

 

Psalm 51:2 Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.

Proverbs 26:2 So the curse causeless shall not come.

Isaiah 61:1 The LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek… to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

 

Let Gospel tidings be proclaimed

To those in prison who are bound. 

Be ready and be unashamed

To preach our Gospel’s joyful sound! 

 

Salvation washes thoroughly

The sinners who had once been cursed. 

Our Savior sets the captives free

And satisfies their longing thirst!  



No comments: