Monday, June 29, 2020

Persuaded by His Promises

Read:  Psalm 54 / Proverbs 29 / Isaiah 64 /Romans 4 

 

Psalm 54:4 Behold, God is mine helper: the Lord is with them that uphold my soul.

Proverbs 29:25 The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.

Isaiah 64:4 For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God… what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.

Romans 4:20,21 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; and being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. 

 

I am persuaded by God’s Word;

I trust the promises He made. 

By God Himself I am assured

There is no cause to be afraid.

 

Like Abraham, whose faith was strong

In promises that God foretold,

I know the Lord is never wrong,

So why then should I not be bold?



No comments: