Sunday, June 21, 2020

Comfort and Constraint

Read:  Psalm 46 / Proverbs 21 / Isaiah 56 /Acts 24

 

Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Proverbs 21:2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.

Isaiah 56:2-4 Blessed is the man that… keepeth his hand from doing any evil… and choose the things that please me.

Acts 24:16 And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men.

 

The comfort of our Savior’s love

Now bids the troubled heart, “Be still,”

For Christ is still enthroned above

And pleased with those who do His will.

 

Since God is always pondering

The choices that we make each day,

May love constrain our wandering

From Christ, who leads us in His way.



No comments: