Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Committing my Cause


"I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause: which doeth great things and unsearchable; marvelous things without number" (Job 5:8,9).  "My son, be wise, and make My heart glad... A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself" (Proverbs 27:11,12).  "He spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint" (Luke 18:1). 

Committing my cause to the Lord
Is surely the right thing to do. 
Let all of my heart be outpoured
To Him who is faithful and true! 

Consider the great things He does,
Unsearchable things without number! 
He saved me from what I once was;
His care for me never will slumber. 

He gives me the singular cause
Of wisdom that makes His heart glad. 
How simply My Father thus draws
My heart with this longing I've had!   

Let all my petitions conform
To pleasing my Lord above all.
In peace or in turbulent storm,
His pleasure remains my high call.   

My strength is derived from His grace:
I pray, or I surely will faint.
The Lord is my sure Hiding Place;
Let thankfulness silence complaint!

Lord, teach me to pray as You did,
Committed to counting the cost.
The cause that You came was not hid:
You laid down Your life for the lost.

Lord, thank You for hearing each prayer,
Committing my cause with this goal:  
To please You and cast all my care
On You, the Defense of my soul.   


No comments: