Saturday, January 03, 2015

Haste to Him


"I thought on my ways, and turned my feet unto Thy testimonies. I made haste, and delayed not to keep Thy commandments" (Psalm 119:59,60).  "He giveth grace unto the lowly" (Proverbs 3:34).  "The Son of man came... to give His life a ransom for many... Blind Bartimaeus... began to cry out, and say, Jesus, Thou Son of David, have mercy on me.  And many charged him that he should hold his peace: but he cried the more a great deal... And they call the blind man, saying unto him, Be of good comfort, rise; He calleth thee.  And he, casting away his garment, rose, and came to Jesus" (Mark 10:45-50). 

There was a time when I had thought
That no one knew the truth at all,
Until I earnestly had sought
The Savior, and I heard His call. 

Though some thought it was effort wasted,
I thought upon my ways and came. 
The more I thought, the more I hasted
To call upon the Savior's name!

The call of Christ was heard within;
His voice then was not audible
Yet He convicted me of sin,
The heavy burden of my soul. 

I saw the great reality
To which I fast was drawing near,
Beholding then eternity
Which overwhelmed my heart with fear. 

I saw the ransom He had paid
To rescue me from endless loss. 
It was for me His life was laid
Upon the altar of His cross!

I sought at last the Savior's face
And offered up my awkward prayer. 
He met me then with saving grace,
And I was saved right then and there! 

I cast away the filthiness
Of sinful ways which I had known,
For Christ gave me His righteousness
As if it were my very own. 

O Lord, as I recall that night
When You delivered me from wrath,
I thank You for salvation's light
To which I hasted on Your path. 

Lord, to Your presence I make haste
In daily, grateful adoration
And pray that others too may taste
Your grace that leads them to salvation. 


No comments: