Saturday, June 01, 2013

Fixed and Full

“God shall send forth His mercy and His truth… My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise” (Psalm 57:3,7).  “I will pour out My Spirit unto you, I will make known My words unto you” (Proverbs 1:23).  “Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.  For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not… cease from yielding fruit” (Jeremiah 17:7,8).  “I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth” (3 John 4). 

My heart is fixed and full of joy
With all the blessings God has shown.
There is no foe that can destroy
The truth and mercy God makes known. 

I’ll sing of mercy and of truth
Which perfectly in Christ are mixed.
I’ll teach these concepts to our youth,
That their hearts also may be fixed.

The Lord will send His Spirit, too,
To show His words to those who turn
To separate the false from true
With wisdom granted to discern. 

How blest is he who trusts the Lord,
For he is like a fruitful tree. 
The Spirit of our God is poured
On those who seek Him earnestly. 

I have no greater joy than this:
To see my child wisely walk
And train her children not to miss
The truth that others choose to mock.  

O Lord, my heart is fixed and full!
How great these blessings are I find
That satisfy the longing soul
With fruitfulness and peace the mind!


No comments: