Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Here is Heaven!

“From the end of the earth will I cry unto Thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the Rock that is higher than I.  For Thou hast been a Shelter for me, and a strong Tower from the enemy.  I will abide in thy tabernacle forever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings” (Psalm 61:2-4).  “And unto this people thou shalt say, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I set before you the way of life, and the way of death” (Jeremiah 21:8).  “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me” (Revelation 3:20). 

O here is heaven!  Do not miss
The splendor here before our eyes: 
In Jesus Christ is heaven’s bliss,
As all of Scripture testifies.

In all the earth, in every realm,
We may be sure our Lord is there.
So why should trials overwhelm?
The Lord can hear our faintest prayer.

He is the Rock supremely higher,
Though He is just a prayer away!
He lifts us from our sinful mire
To heaven’s joy when we will pray.

Our Lord is heaven’s Hiding Place,
And He is heaven’s strongest Tower.
He leads us by His saving grace
And lifts us by His mighty power. 

Yes, here we trust beneath His wings,
As if we were in heaven now.
He is the sovereign King of kings,
And every knee to Him shall bow.

So while He gives us any breath
We show the earth where heaven is: 
In Christ there is escape from death,
For He gives life to all of His. 

Behold, He’s standing at the door! 
Beware, He knocks for just a season:
For what could heaven now do more,
Since unbelief is stripped of reason?

O Lord, we thank You that You came,
Presenting heaven by Your love!
We find our heaven in Your name
Both here on earth and up above.


No comments: