Saturday, June 15, 2013

Feasting on His Faithfulness

“Be Thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort; Thou hast given commandment to save me; for Thou art my rock and my fortress… my praise shall be continually of Thee… Let my mouth be filled with Thy praise and with Thy honor all the day… I will hope continually, and will yet praise Thee more and more” (Psalm 71:3-14).  “He that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast” (Proverbs 15:15).  “The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee” (Jeremiah 31:3). 

The Lord is our strong Habitation
Where we may forever resort,
For He is our Rock of salvation,
Our Hope, and our heavenly Fort.

Let’s offer continual praise
And rest in His great faithfulness,
For thus we shall feast on His ways
And He shall continue to bless.

Our Lord spreads a table before us,
Inviting the greatest and least.
Our fellowship with Him is glorious,
Since He is the Host of our feast.

We feast on His wonderful love;
There’s no greater love than our Lord’s!
His great lovingkindness above
Still draws us with His faithful cords. 

O Lord, we’re delighting in You,
And yet there is much to explore!
As we find You faithful and true,
We’re praising You still more and more.


No comments: