Sunday, June 30, 2013

Free to Focus

“Unite my heart to fear Thy name.  I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart… for great is Thy mercy toward me: and Thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell” (Psalm 86:11-13).  “Take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? …for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you” (Matthew 6:31-33). 

My heart by God is now invited
To praise Him now without distraction.
Let all within me be united
To make the Lord my Sole Attraction!

My hopeless future was so grim:
He plucked me from the lowest hell! 
I’m free to focus now on Him,
For by His mercy, all is well!

How great His mercy is on me: 
He rescued me from endless loss!
I’ll praise Him through eternity:
He took my hell upon His cross.

His love for me is wonderful;
His care for me is so complete!
Since Jesus died to save my soul,
My every need I know He’ll meet!

This is the liberty He gives
To focus on His kingdom first: 
I only live because He lives,
And but for Him I would be cursed!

No other name but His I’ll mention;
No other righteousness but His!  
My Lord now has my FULL attention;  
How sweet His gracious freedom is!

Lord, truly there is none like You:
How wonderful are all Your deeds!
My heart is free now to pursue
Your heart which cares for all my needs.


No comments: