Friday, May 31, 2013

Valuing His Vows

“Thy vows are upon me, O God: I will render praises unto Thee.  For Thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?” (Psalm 56:12,13).  “O LORD, my Strength, and my Fortress, and my Refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto Thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit” (Jeremiah 16:19). 

The Lord has made His solemn vows
To those trust Him for salvation.
The promised blessings He endows
Are greater than our estimation!

For He delivers souls from death
With promised joys on heaven’s shore. 
O praise the Lord with every breath
For endless blessings yet in store!

We see His vows for things ahead,  
But are there promises for now?
It’s time to value what He said
That we might trust His present vow.

He promised that His Holy Spirit
Would dwell forever in His own.
He’ll never leave:  we need not fear it!
Yes, these are present vows made known. 

Eternally He rescued us
And made Himself our Hiding Place!
His vows are truly glorious
Which now bestow His saving grace!

Yet those who will not trust the Lord
Are left with lies and vanity.
Despising truth which they ignored,
They hold on to insanity.

O Lord, our Strength and Fortress Sure,
Our Refuge when we are distressed,
Your vows forevermore endure,
And in this confidence we rest. 


No comments: