Monday, June 17, 2013

Sanctuary Solace

“I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I… So foolish was I… Nevertheless I am continually with Thee: Thou hast holden me by my right hand.  Thou shalt guide me with Thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory… It is good for me to draw near to God” (Psalm 73:17-28).  “Call unto Me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not” (Jeremiah 33:3).  “All nations shall come and worship before Thee; for Thy judgments are made manifest” (Revelation 15:4). 

The sanctuary is the place
Where God shall make His mercy known,
As humbly there we seek His face
And boldly we approach His throne.

The “sanctuary” here is meant
A private meeting with our Lord,
When healing mercies then are sent
And where the soul shall be restored. 

It’s here we come to understand,
As God affirms that it is so,
That He’s been holding our right hand,
And He refuses to let go! 

It’s here He guides us with His Word
And counsels us along the way,
And here is where our souls are stirred
To worship Him and to obey.

It’s here His beauty is revealed
Which we shall see eternally,
And here our broken hearts are healed
With truth whereby He makes us free.

Within His sanctuary here
Eternity is glorious!  
It’s surely good to now draw near
To Christ who gave Himself for us.

So why, then, should we further tarry,
Since God now bids us call on Him?
It’s here within the sanctuary
Our cup shall overflow the brim!

We thank You for this foretaste, Lord,
Of everlasting joy above
Which You abundantly afford
As we are raptured by Your love!

O Lord, this sanctuary view
Has solace which we surely need!
It stirs our hearts to worship You
And take the Gospel where You lead.

No comments: