Friday, June 21, 2013

Counsel Correction

“I call to remembrance my song in the night: I commune with mine own heart: and my spirit made diligent search. Will the Lord cast off forever?  And will He be favorable no more?... And I said, This is my infirmity: but I will remember the years of the right hand of the most High… I will meditate also of all Thy work, and talk of Thy doings… who is so great a God as our God?” (Psalm 77:6-13).  There is no wisdom, nor understanding, nor counsel against the LORD” (Proverbs 21:30). 

I’ve called to remembrance my song in the night
And sought for the counsel my heart could afford. 
How often I’ve found that my thoughts were not right
Until I had turned and remembered the Lord!

Praise God for the counsel He gives with perfection!
Our counsel without Him is foolish and weak.
God speaks to our heart with His tender correction
When we turn to Him for the counsel we seek.

How great is our God!  Oh, how could we forget?
His wisdom and mercy have always sufficed!
The greatest of needs in salvation were met
By God’s grace and truth through our Lord Jesus Christ!

Let’s go to the Word, then, with this expectation:
His wisdom is greater that all of our own!
For who counseled Him when He fashioned creation?
How great is His counsel He kindly makes known!

How strangely so many in our day refuse
The counsel God gives by His gracious instruction!
How vain is the option they sadly will choose
That leads them in darkness by Satan’s seduction! 

O Lord, we give thanks that Your counsel is plain
To all who will seek You with all of their heart!
Correct and replace now the thoughts that are vain
With counsel that You by Your Word will impart.


No comments: