Thursday, March 01, 2012

Strength of His Stretch

"The LORD is high above all nations, and His glory above the heavens. Who is like unto the LORD our God, who dwelleth on high, who humbleth Himself to behold the things that are in heaven, and in the earth! He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth the needy out of the dunghill, that He may set him with princes" (Psalm 113:4-8). "Turn you at My reproof: behold, I will pour out My Spirit unto you, I will make known My words unto you.... I have called... I have stretched out My hand" (Proverbs 1:23,24).

Who would have thought that our Savior so high
Would humble Himself to behold
And stretch out His arms to the souls that would die
If not for His mercy untold?

Who could imagine the strength of His stretch
That raised up the poor from the dust
Would lift from the dunghill the unrighteous wretch
With all who in Christ Jesus trust?

O Lord, there is no one like You who compares
With mercy eternal in length!
Your Spirit has called us to cast all our cares
On You and to trust in Your strength.

We thank You, O Lord, that You stretched out Your hands
To rescue our souls from such loss
By paying the ransom that justice demands
Accomplished for us on Your cross!

No comments: