Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Greatness of His Goodness

“I will praise Thee: for Thou has heard me, and art become my salvation… Thou art my God, and I will praise Thee: Thou art my God, I will exalt Thee. O give thanks unto the LORD, for He is good: for His mercy endureth forever” (Psalm 118:21,28,29). “My soul doth magnify the Lord, and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Savior. For He hath regarded the low estate of His handmaiden…. For He that is mighty hath done to me great things, and holy is His name. And His mercy is on them that fear Him from generation to generation” (Luke 1:46-50).

How good is our Savior, the great King of kings,
With marvelous mercy our souls gladly claim!
For He that is mighty accomplished great things;
How rightly we praise Him, exalting His name!

Give thanks to the Lord, for His mercy is great
Without compromising His holy behavior.
He looked on our sinful and hopeless estate
And laid down His own life, becoming our Savior!

His mercy extending to each generation
Is on them who trust Him as their Hiding Place.
There’s no other name that can offer salvation
Than Jesus our Savior, the God of all grace!

O Lord, we rejoice in the ransom You gave
So freely to us, though it cost You such pain!
How great is Your goodness in us whom You save,
Since living is Christ, and our dying is gain!

No comments: