Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Delusion of Delay

“I thought on my ways, and turned my feet unto Thy testimonies. I made haste, and delayed not to keep Thy commandments” (Psalm 119:59,60). “He [Jesus] said unto another, Follow Me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father…. And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell which are at home at my house. And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God” (Luke 9:59-62).

There is the danger of delusion,
Which we disguise by our delay,
When to our sorrow and confusion,
We will not turn from sin TODAY.

Delusion cloaks our coming sorrow
When we delay to act, as some,
On God’s command until tomorrow,
A day for us which may not come.

The Lord has given His command
Today for such a time as this!
Who knows what blessings He has planned
Which by delay we thus would miss?

The Lord commands! Should we be slack
To put our hand upon the plough?
Delusion calls us to look back;
The Lord says “Follow Me” right NOW!

O Lord, we would forsake our ways,
And Your commandments we would do.
Sufficient are the past delays:
It’s time right now to follow You!

No comments: