Monday, December 08, 2008

Pricing the Precious

"The law of Thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver" (Psalm 119:72). "My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold, and My revenue than choice silver" (Proverbs 8:19). "And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me My price... So they weighed for My price thirty pieces of silver" (Zechariah 11:12).

Far better now it is to choose
The Word of God today
Than gold and silver revenues
The earth has on display.

The world casts aside its worth,
The same as it does Christ,
For when He came down to this earth,
How poorly He was priced!

The silver that they gave for Christ
Was thirty pieces weighed.
The Lamb of God was sacrificed
And for this price betrayed!

Lord and Savior of the earth,
With what shall we compare
The value You are truly worth
That heaven did not spare?

Lord, not a trillion worlds full
Of silver and fine gold
Can weigh Your Gift unspeakable
Of priceless worth untold.

Precious Lord, receive our love
As humbly we adore,
Until we're face to face above
To praise You even more.

No comments: