Thursday, December 04, 2008

Plain Path

"Make me to go in the path of Thy commandments, for therein do I delight... Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity, and quicken me in Thy way" (Psalm 119:35,37). "Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee. Ponder the path of Thy feet, and let all thy ways be established. Turn not to the right hand or to the left: remove thy foot from evil" (Proverbs 4:25-27).

Help me, Lord, to understand
And walk the way that You make plain.
It is the path of Your command;
Every other way is vain.

Turn my feet, O Lord, away
From paths that spend my energy
On things that waste the time of day
And dead end in futility.

Your path is surely plain to see;
Your Word illumines it with light.
The problem is the vanity
That turns my eyes from left to right.

It boils down to just one thing:
I need to fix my eyes on You.
O Lord, my Savior, God, and King,
This is what I long to do!

No comments: