Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Guarded Garments

"Joshua was clothed with filthy garments.... And unto him He [the Lord] said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment" (Zechariah 3:3,4). "But now ye also put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. Lie not one to another, seeing ye have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of Him that created him" (Colossians 3:9,10).

Filthy garments! What a mess!
These are all I had before.
But now the robe of righteousness
Is mine in Christ, and so much more!

Those garments now I would not touch,
Much less choose again to wear!
Since God has given me so much,
Those filthy rags cannot compare.

Still, the old man is not gone,
With his malice, filth, and lies,
And he bids me to put them on;
Telling me they're just my size!

Guard me, Lord, in each temptation;
Wash me thoroughly within.
Since I'm clothed in Your salvation,
Keep me free and far from sin.

No comments: